Wed 20 Sep 2017
NALS is urging letting agents and other property professionals to get behind Gas Safety Week, which runs until Friday,.
It says thousands of people every year are diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning and over 43 per cent of people in the UK fail to check their appliances annually. The scheme says a vital part of its work is to urge agents to follow its five point guidelines:
1. Visit https://www.staygassafe.co.uk to find out about the gas dangers and risks in your area;
2. Get all of the gas appliances in your properties safety checked and maintained annually by a Gas Safe registered engineer – this will ensure that your appliances continue to work safely;
3. Sign up to have gas safety check reminders sent to you annually;
4. Don’t fall victim to illegal gas work – only use a Gas Safe registered engineer and ask to see their Gas Safe ID card;
5. Check gas appliances for warning signs that they are not working correctly. A lazy yellow flame, black marks or stains around the appliance, or too much condensation in the room are all signs that your appliances aren’t safe.
Gas Safety Week is co-ordinated by Gas Safe Register and supported by organisations from the gas industry, including retailers, manufacturers and consumer bodies.
By Graham Norwood
Source: Letting Agent Today
Unfortunately we do not have enough data to give you an accurate valuation. Your local Amax Estates property expert will be in touch to arrange an accurate valuation taking into account improvements to your property, the local market and more. Or arrange a valuation now by clicking here.
Whilst this instant valuation provides a guideline, your local Amax Estates property expert will be in touch to provide a more accurate valuation taking into account improvements to your property, the local market and more.
These properties near you were sold recently.